Mission/Statement of Purpose: We aim to promote collaboration, information sharing, policy development, capacity building, professional development, and international cooperation among western wildlife agencies.
Specifically, we will:
- Develop and implement WAFWA executive direction to support the directors and the Executive Committee
- Address emerging interdisciplinary fish and wildlife challenges in the West
- Provide oversight and approval of WAFWA workshops
- Foster and share best practices for administering fish and wildlife agencies
- Promote career development and leadership among our members to support continuity and retention of WAFWA institutional knowledge.
Final Approved Version, October 25, 2023